Monday, July 18, 2011

When did I move to Alabama?

Seriously!  I checked the temperature before I headed out the door to "run" this morning and was certain that something had gone awry in my computer.  It's usually 64-68 degrees at 6 am, but no matter how many times I refreshed the screen, it kept saying 81 degrees.  When I stepped out the door, it was like walking face-first into a solid wall of yuck!  It really was 81 freaking degrees with 87% humidity!

I was tempted to just walk, and skip the running segments of today's program altogether.  I mean, that seems completely reasonable when it feels like it's about 163 degrees out, right?  But... I had already entered today's exercise in my food/activity journal, so I decided to continue on, alternating walking and speed-shuffling, as prescribed.  I didn't go particularly fast, but stayed steady and worked on my breathing.  I'm happy to report that, not only did I do pretty well with the whole breathing-while-jogging thing, but I continued to breathe when I finished - and am still doing so!  I saw a couple of cars, but no people, dogs, cats, bunnies... I didn't even see any worms or ants!  They were all, sensibly, inside! 

Yesterday I was visiting with family and my oldest brother was telling me how running is bad for you and that, it will ruin my knees and ankles.  He probably said something about my legs falling off, or something.  I stopped listening, so I don't know what he thinks is going to happen to me.  He's been giving me a bit of a hard time about running, as only an older brother can do.  I would have normally given it right back to him, but it was his birthday, so I let it slide (because I'm awesome!).  He also told me that my new tattoo is ugly - because he's NOT awesome!

So, I got through today's program and feel good a bout it, even without any major advancement.  I'll be back out again on Wednesday morning, hopefully with better weather, but that's not looking very promising.  It's probably my brother's fault!

No comments: