Wednesday, July 27, 2011

64 degrees - where have you been all my life?

Or at least for the last 6 weeks that I have been running consistently?  I set out this morning at 5:50 am and it was a wonderful 64 degrees (18 celsius) with a slight breeze.  It was paradise!  Then I started running!

Actually, the run wasn't bad at all.  I moved up a level in C25K, so the total time running didn't change much, but breakdown did.  It felt good and I was challenged toward the end of the last running segment, but I felt that it went well.  I heard that the sunrise was to be a spectacular sight, but I was done and back in the house stretching before it broke past the horizon.  By that time I was more interested in finding a fan than seeing a pretty sunrise.

I saw a guy leaving his house in his pickup truck while I was doing my first run portion and we waved good morning.  I was figuring that he was headed toward the entrance of our neighborhood and thought that, if I saw him again before he got out of the neighborhood, I hope I'm not walking!  I didn't want him to think that I gave up on running and had to slow down.  Then it occurred to me that the only way that he would still be nearby when I got around to the front entrance would be if he stopped at another neighbor's house for breakfast.  Since it looked like he was actually headed to work, I guessed that I wouldn't actually be seeing him again this morning.  Of course, a short time later I actually did see another neighbor while I was walking.  I was running the last few times that I've seen him in the morning so I keep wondering it he thinks that I just couldn't handle it.

So, all in all, a good day to run.  Once again, I didn't break any records, or even have any PRs, but I do feel really good about what I have accomplished so far.  I'm thinking that I might even buy some real running clothes that match and everything, rather than wearing my old t-shirts with yoga pants.  Today was a combination of pink, lime and black that weren't intended to be worn at the same time!

Until next time...

No comments: