Friday, July 15, 2011

What do runners do when they forget something?

Jog their memory!  Okay... quit groaning!  I didn't actually forget anything this morning, but thought I'd start out with a bad joke to pull you in - and now you're reading, aren't you?

Started a little later again this morning - 6am - but there were gorgeous pink streaks of cirrus clouds in the east!  Once again, I couldn't have asked for a better morning to head outside.  I stayed pretty close to the same pace as past few days and have now fully repeated this week of my training, so I'm going to move on tomorrow.  Next week will mark a pretty significant increase in the "running" portion of my program, which will be interesting.  Well, at least "interesting" is one word for it!  I can think of a couple others, as well.

Tomorrow's plan is to go to the MetroPark and I'll go one direction, on foot, while my hubby heads the other direction on his bike, and we'll meet up later.  Then we'll go to breakfast!   I will consider tomorrow's outing a sort of preview of the week to come, then will hopefully be able to move on to the next level a week from Monday.  Since I'll be moving faster for longer periods of time, I would imagine that a couple of PRs will be in there, too.  Currently I have my warm-up and cool-down walks as part of my routine on my Nike+, so I can just imagine the improvement I'll show when I stop doing that!  Adding 10 minutes of walking to the total doesn't help my pace at all!

Well, obviously, my time out was uneventful and I don't really have anything fascinating to tell you about, so I'll sign off here.  Stay tuned, though... Next week should bring some interesting tidbits.

No comments: