Friday, July 8, 2011

Lazy Song = Lazy morning?

Is it a bad thing when I wake up on my "run" day and immediately have The Lazy Song (Bruno Mars) going through my head?  How about this? 20 minutes after the alarm goes off, my husband nudges me and asks "you gonna run?" (he doesn't put the quotes around the word run).  Apparently it's okay because my answer to whether I was "gonna run" was "yes" (and I may or may not have said "thank you") and I rolled out of bed to get ready to head out the door.  Yes, I was a bit later than usual, and I didn't break any records, but I went out and did my 2 miles at the same pace as Wednesday.  All in all, not  bad.

I did have one harried moment when I saw my life flash before my eyes.  I had slowed down during my cool down walk to take a picture of the sunrise with my iPod and had taken it off from my armband.  I was having difficulty with my earphones (the story of my life with earphones) and they came out of my ears.  In my effort to grab my cords, I dropped my iPod Touch!  Okay, so maybe I saw my iPod's life flash before my eyes!  Regardless, I grabbed the cords as my iPod sped toward the pavement, and just as it was about to hit, my earphone cord went taut and the plug stayed in the iPod.  It stopped, abruptly, about 3/4 inch above the asphalt.  Disaster averted!

I've also realized that, if I'm going to continue to do this "running" thing, I'm going to need more sweat friendly attire.  Running + silky longjohn bottoms = sweaty legs!  Yuck!  Actually,  a pair of the pants that I normally wear during my shufflefest came out of the dryer just before I left, but I already had my Cuddle Duds on and decided to see how they worked out in a pinch.  I decided that that's not a great idea for next time.

Big plans tomorrow for a picnic in Grand Ledge, where I will be taking a long walk, then back to the MetroPark, with the real runners, on Sunday!

This morning's run weather: 68 degrees and wet (apparently it rained last night) but not raining when I was out!

No comments: