Thursday, July 7, 2011

Oops! Missed you!

No...  I didn't miss my "run" yesterday, but I did miss telling you about it.  Not that there was anything all that interesting about it.  Headed out at 5:55 am and it was a nice morning.  For the C25K week that I am on I do two shorter run/walk segments, alternating with two longer run/walk segments.  I have to say that, by the end of the longer runs (more like speed shuffling, for me), I was really grateful for the walk break!  Really!  

I felt great when I got done, though!  And I don't mean JUST the relief that I could stop and the feeling that I didn't have to do anything else the rest of the day!  I felt good, physically and emotionally.  Not only was I energized and awake, but I also felt really good that I have been sticking to my schedule and getting out when I said I would.  Since I started a little later than usual, by about 10 minutes, I saw more of my neighbors leaving for work, and didn't feel quite so uncomfortable about them seeing me.  Of course, I do speed up just a little when I see a car come around the corner or someone leaving their house to get in their car.  Don't want to look like I'm a slacker - then again, I'm out there "running" and they're not!  Besides, if I am going faster than usual, they will either think I'm doing really well, or they won't recognize me.

In August, I'm going to need to adjust my "running" schedule (I'll be able to leave the quotes off by then) because I signed up for a Bootcamp on MWF at 5:30 after work, but realized AFTER I signed up that it's 5:30 AM!  Yikes!  I'll be doing some running there, too, but will switch my runs to Tuesday, Thursday and a weekend day.  It will give me one less day of running, but I'll be adding the boot camp, so I think it will all even out.  And it's only for four weeks.

Run weather:  73 degrees, cloudy and humid at 5:55 am

No comments: