Sunday, July 3, 2011

It's a most spectacular day!

Yes, It's perfect!


Today, I got up at 6:15, and since I still didn't get a Metro Park permit, decided to just go "run" in my neighborhood.  It was wonderful!  I felt great.  My pace was not as fast as Friday - which is funny, because I realized half-way through that I should have gone to the bathroom before I headed out and I would have thought that would make me run a little faster!  Regardless, there were amazing post-storm clouds in the sky as the sun was rising and it was about 70 degrees with a little breeze.  Music was great - starting out with Queen V and then Joan Jett.  I wore one of my favorite t-shirts that  says "Screw Cancer" on the front and while I was out there reflected on the fact that 4 years ago today I was in the hospital having a large abdominal tumor removed and learning that I had cancer!  I couldn't have felt better this morning!


Just like on workdays, I didn't see anybody else out at that time of morning.  Just me, the robins (who were joyfully chirping) a bunny in a neighbor's yard, and the cat that gives me the dirty looks when I use his street - and even he didn't seem so grumpy this morning (I hope that didn't have anything to do with the feathers that I saw not too far from where he was hanging out).  When I got done with my 2 miles, I went home and got Roxie, our 100 lb. mutt, and we walked for another mile.  Later, we went out for breakfast and drove the route for the Detroit Free Press 5K to see what it was like.


I am so appreciative of all that I have.  Now cancer-free, I have the most wonderful husband and family, amazing friends (many of whom I spent yesterday evening with while watching a mildly ferocious storm with the biggest hail I've ever seen) and still another day off on this long holiday weekend.  I couldn't ask for more!  Later today I'm off to buy my Metro Park pass so I can run there tomorrow morning, then go back to work for a short week.


Today's run weather: 70 degrees, pretty humid, slightly breezy, and beautiful at 6:15 am (on a Sunday!)

No comments: