Sunday, August 21, 2011

Wow! That really sucked!

I mean really! I had decided to not do my longer run, since I was going to the MetroPark, and was unsure of the distances from where I was starting. When we arrived John asked if I wanted mosquito spray but I declined the offer. I hate using that when I work out cuz I always feel like my skin absorbs more if the toxic stuff when I sweat. Besides I breathe harder and don't like inhaling it. Ironically, before I got done with my warm up walk I was headed back to the car. I wanted DEET and lots of it! The 100% kind.


Once again I spent more time walking than running. I had my protein shake this morning, but my diet has been totally crappy for the past three days. That must be the reason that I felt so sluggish. I probably could have actually run more than I did, but I wussed out and walked a lot. At one point I heard someone jogging up behind me and I was thinking "showoff!" when he passed me. It was an old man! Like twice my age!!! Okay, not twice, but I'll bet he was around 70! He got a ways ahead of me and I noticed that he slowed to a walk, but only for about 30 seconds. Showoff! Actually, I don't begrudge the fact that this man past me and was doing great. I aspire to be in that shape at his age, being that active. Hell, I hope I can be in that shape when I'm 50!


Oh... To top things off, my Nike+ sensor died. When my iPod couldn't detect it I checked to be sure I was wearing the correct shoes. Yep, they were definitely my running shoes. I kept waiting for it to pick up the sensor, but it never did. I have to say that I've gotten a much longer life from the sensor than I expected. I imagine that's mostly because, until 2 1/2 months ago it didn't really get the amount of use that it was designed for. I'll get a new one next week. Seems silly since I won't need it when I get my iPhone, but that's a few months off, and I really like using the Nike+ so I'll go ahead and get it.


Planning ahead:  I have decided that I will do a 5K run once weekly, on Wednesday. That way it's the same day each week, and it's during a run in my neighborhood where I have the course measured out. I won't do that the Wednesday before my races, but will inrease the distance a bit the week before that. Based on that I will be following C25K tomorrow, do 5K Wednesday, the C25K the rest of the week.  


Catch ya tomorrow!

No comments: