Sunday, August 7, 2011

Well, bummer!

Got up early(ish) to head out to the MetroPark and started my run but I just didn't have it in me.  I ran a little, but ended up walking for 40 minutes, instead.  I got plenty of sleep this weekend and have been getting proper nourishment, but I've only taken one day off, in the last 7, between running and bootcamp class.  I have camp tomorrow and will run on Tuesday.  I think I may repeat my last routine (2 runs with a walk break in between) and then go into one longer run on Thursday.


At one point, I was walking along at a good clip and it started raining lightly.  It felt pretty good, but then I noticed that it was only raining when I was under this cluster of trees and the pavement was dry, otherwise.  I hoped that there wasn't a troop of monkeys in the tree causing something that wasn't really rain.  Ick!  Yes, I'm in Michigan, and I know that it's not likely, but I've been to the jungle in South America and know what a unruly troop of monkeys can do!


Things to add to my away-from-home pre-run checklist:  A hat!  A hat is pretty important when you're running in the park and I need to endeavor to remember mine.  When I was walking in the sunshine, it would have been nice to have the visor.  A hat helps keep the mosquitos out of my hair. And, it keeps people from seeing my hair, which looked pretty messy by the time I finished, between sleeping on it and then sweating while I was out.  To clarify, I slept on it over night, not during my walk.  I saw a bench that would have been pretty comfy for a nap, but I kept walking.  I did get some new running clothes though and was wearing one of my pair of capri pants made from fancy wicking fabric. Mine are Danskins Dri-More and they are really nice.  Super soft and that Dri-More technology is awesome!  I'd like to wear  clothes made from that fabric all summer long.


There weren't a lot of people out yet when I got to the park at 8:00 am.  Usually Sunday mornings are pretty busy, there.  Maybe word got out about the monkeys!  Next run, on Tuesday, will be right here in my home neighborhood, so I won't have to worry about that, but I'll check in with you then, just to keep you updated! 

No comments: