Friday, August 26, 2011

Fab Friday running

Another beautiful morning for a run.  Actually, I've jut learned that, based on my pace, I'm not quite running - I'm jogging!  But, despite my usual preference to be more precise when dealing with such details, it's taken me a long time to call it running, and myself a runner (as opposed to airquote running and airquote runner), so I'm just going to stick with running!

This morning I did a 35 minute run.  It felt great!  Well, at one point I did feel like slowing to a walk, but knew that it wasn't really necessary and kept going.  The feeling passed and the run was uneventful.  It was a wonderful 63 degrees (17 C).  I only saw a couple of cars while I was out - one with a dog named Max riding happily in the back seat with his head out the window.  He gave me a look like "You're running to get somewhere?  How primitive!"   From a distance I also saw my husband leaving to go to the Metropark for his morning bike ride.  We'll both be headed to the Metropark on Sunday to run and ride, then meet back up when we're done.  Still don't have my Nike+ sensor replaced, so none of my miles this week are recorded on my log. =(

I heard some great music on today's run.  Whenever I sync my iPod the playlist resets and everything shuffles into a different order while some songs are replaced.  Today I was accompanied by Queen V, Adam Ant, Nickleback, The Detroit Cobras and others.  Lady Ga Ga sang a techno version of Just Dance throughout my warm up, and it was a good start. 

I will be back on Sunday to report in on my next run, but will hopefully have my post up about meeting The Penguin and Coach Jenny tomorrow.  I didn't want to post about it until I have a chance to get the pictures off  my phone to include with it. Til Sunday...

No comments: