Thursday, August 11, 2011

Woo hoo! I did it again!

Yes, indeed!  I went out for this morning's run and today's C25K run (week 7, day 1) was another 25 minute run!  The next one is the same (in fact all of week 7 is a five minute warm-up walk, then 25 minutes of running) and I am not dreading it at all!  I didn't drink my protein shake this morning, and I definitely noticed that my performance wasn't quite where it was yesterday, so that apparently  really does make a difference, now that I am running a little longer than before.  When I do my run on Saturday, I'll definitely have some protein before hand and assess how I feel then.

It was an absolutely gorgeous morning.  It was 59 degrees (15 C) when I was out and the sun wasn't quite up yet at 6:10 am.  I loved it!  I felt so good being out there, albeit a bit drained toward the end.  I initially thought that I could have worn a long sleeved shirt - I have LS a tech shirt that I haven't had a chance to wear yet - but soon realized that I was better off with short sleeves.  I can't believe that I am enjoying running as much as I am.  It still sounds like a very strange thing for me to say!

Didn't see anyone else out this morning.  No guy running the opposite direction.  I'm not sure I even saw any cars that went directly by me.  Other than my husband leaving to go for a bike ride and my neighbor taking her dog out when I got back home, it was  just me out there.  Looking forward to another good run on Saturday!  See you then!

No comments: