Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A day of celebration!

First of all, today is my 19th wedding anniversary to my wonderful husband, John.  Since we got married we have been to weddings for people who are no longer couples.  It's sad.  I'm grateful to have the wonderful husband that I've got!

I decided to skip running yesterday.  Because I determined that my inability to do it on Sunday was, at least partially, due to my not having taken a rest day in several days, I chose to take one yesterday and slept an extra hour before work.  It felt really good and I felt restored!

Also, since my running goals are a little more of a focus right now, I thought it would be best to skip boot camp today and do the run that I was supposed to do yesterday.  Rather than redoing the run from Sunday, that I ended up walking, I decided to jump right to the single long run.  Well, long for me!  Warm up before a 25 minute run, then cool down.  I ran my fastest mile today and also went my farthest distance!  The rest day did very well for me.  I felt SO good while I was out there, and am looking forward to doing it again, tomorrow!  In addition, I drank some almond milk with protein powder before my run today, and I think that helped some.  I have kind of felt like I'm not really running long enough to require extra nutrients before I run.  I glass of water and I felt ready to go and then eat something when I finished my run.  Possibly that had something to do it it, as well.

I saw another person in my neighborhood out running this morning.  First time I've seen him.  We passed 4 times, going in opposite directions.  The first time I was barely out of my house and was still warming up, so I was walking,  but he was running.  The next time, I was running and HE was walking.  The next time we were both running and the last time I saw him I was still running  but he was walking again.  So the score was ME Walk-1, Run-3; HIM Walk-2, Run-2.  I win!  He didn't know we were competing, I'm sure, but I know (and I won)!

The sunrise was beautiful, the air was cool and breezy, I was able to outrun the mosquitos (which is good because my legs are peppered with red bumps from boot camp).  I'm hoping for as nice a morning tomorrow to do my next run and start my 20th year of marriage!

No comments: