Thursday, August 4, 2011

A wonderful morning to run!

Wow!  It was 70 degrees at 5:45 am and NOT humid for a change.  It was fantastic out this morning! Wonderful!  I felt great as I headed out and today's routine was three short runs with walk breaks.  Saturday will be two slightly longer runs, then I imagine Sunday is another single longer run.  I'm looking forward to it.  I did, however, JUST realize (as I was typing that "I am looking forward to it") that I'm only scheduled to run on Saturday.   Hmmm...  Since I AM looking forward to it, I imagine I should go ahead and do it both days.  It seems very odd to me that I would make such a statement, but bizarre thoughts of running - and enjoying it - have been popping into my head lately.  Maybe I have a fever!  What's the cure for that?

Rant warning!  At boot my last camp I was wearing a t-shirt from a run that I worked at a few years ago. Our instructor, commented that she is doing a run in Detroit soon and I said that I am too. She looked at me, rather puzzled - and surprised - and said "Huh!!!"  She gave me a look like "Um... ok, if you think so..."   I was actually hoping for a little more encouragement than that.  I've had so little self-confidence for so long, that a stranger can totally shake what confidence I do have.  I thought about that and decided that I am absolutely going to do an awesome job at that 5K, and I'll show her.  Okay, she won't know (or care) but I WILL!  And she won't be my instructor then, so maybe I'll send her an email:  "Hi, you didn't really give me any encouragement when I told you about this in boot camp, but I finished and did a stellar job for a  beginner, so you can suck it!"  Rant done.

What does it mean that I often find myself yawning when I run?  I'm pretty sure I'm not bored!  It's not that I feel tired, or sleepy when I'm out there (seriously, I go first thing in the morning).  Is it just my way of trying to take in more oxygen?  I would hate for people to see me running, and yawning, and think that I am the most apathetic runner ever!  Besides, I really try not to have my mouth open that long when I run to avoid inhaling the bugs in my path.  Also, today was garbage day in my neighborhood, which presents a variety of additional obstacles.  I already deal with the parked cars and speed bumps, then on Thursdays we throw in garbage cans, recycling bins and yard waste!  Plus there's the stuff that people put out displaying the "free" sign  because they don't really want it anymore, but they don't want to throw it out either. 

Well, that's about it from me.  I'll be back on Saturday with fewer obstacles and longer runs.  Til then...

No comments: