Saturday, August 13, 2011

Today is a good day to run!

A really good day!  It was beautiful weather, and I started at a point at the MetroPark that would keep me, intermittently, in sun and shade.  It was about 68 degrees (20 C) with about 75% humidity, which was a bit moist, but not too bad.  It was my third time, in a row, running 25 minutes, straight - and It felt great!  I was initially concerned because the paths in the park go over small hills that I'm not used to - none of those in my neighborhood.  I was very pleased to have finished today with my farthest distance and my best time for a mile!  Hooray!


The path went along some really pretty stretches of road that I enjoyed while I was running.  Since it was 8:20 am there weren't a huge number of people in the park, and I had some of the most scenic sections of the trail all to myself, which I thoroughly enjoyed.


My biggest complaint would have to be the mosquitoes, but as long as I kept running they didn't bother me.  It kept me moving right along!  Maybe I should thank them for my improved pace today.  As soon as I got back to the car and stopped to get my water and everything, they swarmed toward me with a thirst for blood and murder in their eyes.  They were huge - nearly as big as hummingbirds!  Okay, maybe not quite THAT big, but they really were some big-ass mosquitoes!


As nice as the weather was when I was out running (I can say running now without the quotes and feel quite comfortable with it) - anyway, as nice as it was, it's supposed to rain this afternoon and evening, which is kind of disappointing because I'm going to an outdoor concert.  My playlist today included both Sammy Hagar and Kid Rock, and I will be seeing both of them live and in person tonight, from the nose-bleed section at Comerica Park.  Doesn't matter... rain or not, I'm going to enjoy the concert and am looking forward to a great evening.  I hear that Kid Rock goes all out for his Detroit shows and I've seen Sammy before and know that he's awesome.   I'll include a brief concert report in my next run entry on Tuesday!  Til then, toodle loo!

No comments: