Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wednesday What The...?

What an interesting time out running this morning!  First of all… I don’t know who has been playing with my iPod, and changing my playlist (Max!) but there was some mighty strange music that came up this morning.  Yes, I did get AC/DC, The Donnas, Nickleback, Alice Cooper and The Detroit Cobras, but intermixed was a lot of classical, Latin American dance music, some Irish drinking songs and a few Barry Manilow tunes.  Now, I like Barry as much as the next girl (maybe even a little more) but he’s never – NEVER – been on my workout playlist, much less my running tunes.  Barry, if you’re reading this, I’m sorry.  Weekend in New England just doesn’t cut it when I’m trying to stay motivated while running at 5:45 in the morning.  Despite its status as the very first 45 I ever bought, it just didn’t work out for me today.

Then, suddenly all of my neighbors have dogs that are out at that time of day?  Really?  And there wasn’t a person in sight.  Was I trapped in some kind of alternate universe where the dogs all take themselves for walks?  Do they clean up after themselves, too?  I was barked at by 3 yappy little dogs, then a larger moppish looking dog barked at me in a friendly sort of way, while it was wagging at me –  unlike the little dogs who were probably saying “run over here close enough to me and I’ll bite your calves until you bleed to death!"

The weather was wonderful.  Cool, clear, not humid or windy.  The “run” was less than stellar, but not horrible.  I don’t really expect stellar runs just yet, so it wasn’t a huge disappointment.   I would have liked to feel more comfortable while I was out, though.  I was still looking forward to the times when I could walk for a few minutes, and those few minutes came and went all too quickly.  All in all, it was better than Monday’s time out, and I shouldn’t complain.  Waiting for things to happen (like this “running thing” clicking and becoming a regular part of my life) is not a strong trait of mine – ask anyone!  In the immortal words of Veruca Salt “I want it now!”

On that note I’ll end today’s bloggery with a picture of something seen on my run.
 
C25K2-2 run environment: 66 degrees at 5:45 am – another beautiful morning!

No comments: