Thursday, June 16, 2011

Extra protein is good when you're running, right?

I hope so because I think I got some.  Well, technically, I'm not sure that bugs are really protein.  And, technically, I actually went to a bit of effort to spit it out, so I don't suppose that I swallowed much of it.  But if it would be helpful, while I'm out there, I guess I could get make like the (old) woman who swallowed the fly - but hopefully not die.  I don't think most of the bugs around here are poisonous.  Interestingly, just after the bug incident, I jogged around the corner and there was a woman, wearing scrubs, getting out of her car.  My first thought was that some proactive neighbor saw me running and yelled to her husband "Hey Floyd, that chubby woman from down the street is trying to run again.  Call the paramedics!"  As it turned out, she wasn't there for me at all, she lived there.  Oh well... I guess neighbors just don't look out for each other like they used to.

I got in more distance at a faster pace today, than I have so far.  I felt pretty good, and there was only once that I was feeling pretty relieved that it was time for me to walk for a minute.  When it was time to run again I was ready, so I feel like I am making definite progress.  I've decided to increase from 3 days a week to 4 days a week, in an effort to progress a little more solidly.  I am not looking to move up more quickly, just have one more "run" in when I do move up.  I keep wondering when I'll be able to call it a run (without the quotes)...  I think I've arbitrarily decided that I can do that on August 7!

C25K2-2 run environment:
68 degrees at 5:45 am, spitting (the weather AND me, as it turned out) and humid

No comments: