Monday, June 27, 2011

Live person sighting on my run today!

After a brief hiatus last week, I'm back at it!  I had a lot going on and let my schedule interfere with my C25K program, and I shouldn't have - but I did, and now I'm back.  Also, while I was taking my little break, I ate stuff that I would have been much better off leaving alone, and my body certainly stressed that point this morning.

So, I decided to go back to the beginning of week 2 of the program, since I was at the end of that week, but hadn't done it in a week.  I was glad that I did, because I found it a little tough this morning.  Between the cramp in my gut and the cramp in my right calf, I wasn't having a really fun time while I was out.  It was, however, a lovely morning, and (at about 67 degrees) was perfect for going out for a run.

My pace was slower than usual because of the aforementioned cramping as well as a minute that I needed to stop and try to stretch out the crampy calf and another couple  minutes where I stopped to talk with a neighbor.  Yes, I saw a real live person (and her dog) this morning while I was out.  Very unusual for me to see anything besides the occasional moving car at a distance. More often than not, my neighborhood looks like a scene from "Night of the Comet" when I go out before 6:00 am.  There were, however, a gazillion red ants out working their teeny tiny little butts off very early today.  I'm supposing that ants must have butts of some sort that they were working off, because they sure were on the move.  I ran past sections of sidewalk where there were dozens of tiny ant hills and the concrete appeared to be moving with all the ants working together to bring death and destruction to the neighborhood.  As I ran through, I couldn't help but wonder if any would cling to my Nikes and crawl into my socks.  (Shudder)

While I was running, I was pretty much just waiting for my walk breaks to kick in.  While I was walking I was pretty much wishing that the run portions wouldn't be coming up quite so quickly.  I don't doubt that my pace was a bit slower than usual because this was my hardest day.  I blame it on too much time off from my program, and too much crap in my diet this last week!  Notice that I don't mention anything about blaming myself!  I just redid my calendar and am planning to run M-W-F and one day each weekend.  I am also walking for 30 minutes with co-workers on T & Th, so I'll be getting some walk/running, or walking 6 days a week.

I'm looking forward to a better run on Wednesday, when I'm not so tired and am eating a proper diet, so I'll fee a lot better for my run.  

C25K2-1 run environment:
68 degrees at 5:45 am, gorgeous!

No comments: