Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What a perfect morning!

It was gorgeous out!  Perfect temperature.  Light breeze.  Not humid.  Wonderful at 5:45 am.  So as I set out, I took off a little faster than I have, and felt like I actually looked like I was running, rather than just walking fast. It felt great!

I saw very few cars on the move.  No one was out walking or even getting into their cars.  Aside from a few people driving, that I saw from a bit of a distance, I had the whole neighborhood to myself.  I saw a Jaguar at a house at the other side of the neighborhood - I've never seen that car there, before. I also never noticed that they have the hood ornament AND the hood nameplate just below it.  Wonder why they feel the need for both.  Might I not be sure that it's a Jaguar solely based on the big cat hood ornament that adorns the front of the car?  Anyway, I digress...  Obviously, I don't think about anything too heavy while I'll out scooting around the streets of Belleville.

I tried a different playlist today, which was a very nice change.  Kind of an "oldies appreciation" set this morning, with Cyndi Lauper, Joan Jett, The Donnas, U2, and a little bit of Partridge Family, among others.  Now that I got my Nike+ figured out, I realized that my C25K app didn't record my run last time, so it shows that I am one behind.  I think I'll just skip the next day on the iPod, which means that I'll be moving up to the next level on Wednesday when I go out.  It's definitely more running, so that's a little scary - and I'm kind of wishing that I hadn't looked at the deets until after I did it once.  Sometimes it's better to show myself that I can do it before I know exactly what it is that I'm doing.

Saw the sun coming up while I was cooling down so I thought I'd share that with you here.  See you on Wednesday!



C25K2-3 run environment:
68 degrees at 5:45 am, perfect morning for a "run"

No comments: