Thursday, June 9, 2011

Seen on my run - nothing interesting

Well, got up early and was out the door at 5:45 am.  Pretty proud of myself, if I do say so out loud!  It rained hard in the night, so the roads were wet, but not bothersome, with the exception of needing to rout around a couple of large-ish puddles.  There were lots of worms squirming about, but I kept an eye out and didn't step on any.  I was actually pretty happy that they were all out at that time, because most of them had made their way back to the grass by the time I left for work - resulting in my NOT having to throw a bunch of them out of the driveway and into the yard so I could back my car out.  Yes, I move the worms on wet mornings so I don't run over them in the driveway.  I saw a couple of cars while I was out, and one guy arriving home said good morning" to be but, other than that not people, not domestic friends, no wildlife (except a few robins).  I didn't even see my muttonchopped buddy.

I have been cleverly carrying my house key on my shoelace and found the flaw in that this morning when I actually needed it to get back into the house.  I had to take one of my laces out to get my key.  Not as clever as I thought.  I'll be coming up with a different way to carry my house key so I don't have to take my shoe off.  I also got a new armband for my iPod, which worked great!  It's one by Marware and I'm very happy with it.

I took the longer route to fixing my playlist problem and created a new one with no artist on it twice and it's sorted by "album name" so the order isn't predictable.  Worked out very well and today's ecclectic span of run music was made up of:  AC/DC, Paul McCartney, Adam Ant, Bad Company, The Polyphonic Spree, Men Without Hats, The Cars, John Cougar, Men at Work and Motley Crue.

All that said, I feel great and the running portions of today's activity felt relatively easy.  My early run afforded me the time to eat breakfast at home and take my time getting ready for work.  It makes for a surprisingly leisurely morning, which I like a lot. 

I'll be back to report on my run this weekend (Sunday) but don't tell my femoris muscles.  I don't want to alarm them, but we're going to continue to get up early and do this until they stop complaining!  And then we're going to keep on going!

C25K1-2 run environment:
69 degrees at 5:45 am, no breeze to speak of.

No comments: