Monday, May 14, 2012

Two for One Blogging

I didn't get a chance to write on Saturday after my run so I'm rolling it into today's post.  I was supposed to go again yesterday, but we were out of town and up really late on Saturday so I didn't push it and try to run before Mother's Day brunch, and put it off until today.  That said, I did run this morning... 50% further than I did on Saturday!  I really do need to speed it up a little, though.

I made note of some interesting and unusual things that I saw on the roads on Saturday's run that I wanted to share.  Most of them were still present this morning. Number three was not:

  1. Someone on the other side of the neighborhood has a pretty new deep red Dodge Charger. I was hoping that it wasn't some visitor and that it would be there again, and it was.  I didn't linger because I didn't think they probably wanted me drooling on their new car and didn't want to get arrested, since I had someplace to be in a couple of hours.  Remember the flamingos?  It was in front of that house - neighbors with excellent taste!
  2. Used condom - Just assuming it's used... It's unrolled and that's already more than I need to know!  I had to see it, so you get to hear about it, too!
  3. Huge tree root that someone dug out and thought that they could put in their yard waste. Nope!  It was tagged, to dispose of it some other way (and get it off the sidewalk)!
  4. 1979 Chevrolet El Camino.  I used to hate El Caminos (this weird old man that my dad knew used to come over for breakfast on Saturdays when I was a kid and he had a yellow and white one).  This one is actually pretty cool.  It's in pristine condition. I guess it was kind of an auto-centric run.
Saturday, after my run, we did a bike tour of various historical brewing sites in Detroit.  It was great fun (and the reason for not lingering around the Charger) and we had really nice weather for it.  I'm posting a picture of some of the group, including our awesome tour guide, Steve.  It was a small group and he does a couple of different tours through his company Motor City Bike and Brew Tours.  I highly recommend checking them out!  The tours are a leisurely ride of 10-15 miles and generally include lunch (and beer).

Today I hit the road early to accommodate the additional distance.  It felt great to start my week out with a run.  I'll be out again tomorrow, doing my shorter distance again, then longer again on Thursday.  I had a huge squad of starlings in a tree cheering me on this morning.  A LOT!  I hope they're around again tomorrow - I can always use cheering!

No comments: