Monday, May 28, 2012

Still no running, but soon...

So, my ankle is doing much better.  It was not broken - good news!  My doctor determined it to be a grade 2 sprain involving the Calcaneofibular ligament.  I've been following the her orders to a tee, with the icing, elevating, compression and such.  She told me to give it 10 days (which will be Wednesday) and see how I do with a list of test movements and if that goes well (which she - and I - expect that it will) that I can get back to my regular activities.

I did, however, go on a nice bike ride this morning - the first active thing I've done since I fell off my bike over a week ago.  Rode a little less than 12 miles at a nice leisurely pace  in Ann Arbor and didn't have any ankle pain at all.  It is really hot today and I do have a bit of swelling but not much and I iced and elevated it when I got home.  In fact, the only thing about it that hurts at this point is where I scraped the skin off the inside of my ankle right over that lump that is the bottom of my tibia.

We saw all kinds of wildlife on our ride this morning.  I didn't stop to take any pictures, although I wish I did of this big, scary looking bug (or something) that was on the path.  It looked kind of prehistoric and I have no idea what it was!  Some of the other things that I was able to identify were:

  • Swans flying - I don't think I've ever seen swans in flight.  Very graceful... and big!
  • Chipmunks - 3 of them.... Maybe Alvin, Simon and Theodore?
  • Rabbits
  • Red-winged blackbirds
  • Goldfinches  and
  • A snapping turtle!
There were lots of friendly people out, and that was nice to see.  I think they were mostly in good moods because it is a holiday so they had the day off from work and were able to spend it doing something fun, rather than whatever they have to go back to tomorrow.

No comments: