Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sidelined for a couple of days...

I went for this great bike ride yesterday and was going to run just after dark last night - the temp was in the 90s yesterday, but at least riding a bike creates a breeze.  Unfortunately, toward the end of my ride, I was getting off my bike and, somehow, fell into a garden, twisting my ankle along the way.  You can see the swelling, here, but in addition, the right side is bruised. I've been following the RICE method of treatment, but am not quite sure how long I'm supposed to (R)est it.  I'm glad I got a pedicure a few days ago, since I'm sharing this foot photo with you.  I was going to flip it so that my flamingos are right side up, but that makes the room upside-down and made me kind of dizzy!  You can also see that the weekend is laundry time, so we had a pile of "lights" sorted in the background.   Because I was (E)levating the ankle, I decided not to get up and move the laundry pile for the picture... I figure, you all do laundry too, right?

Tashmoo
Since I have no running news to share at the moment, I will tell you that I had an awesome ride yesterday - with the exception of falling off my bike.  We parked in downtown Detroit, then rode out to Tashmoo, this pop-up bier garden in East Village, where we met up with a couple of my DetermiNaition teammates.  After that, we peddled to Belle Isle and around the island before heading back toward downtown and taking the Dequindre Cut  up to where we could loop back to the car (I fell just before Dequindre) after that we met up with some friends to go watch an awesome Detroit Derby Girls bout - and I mean awesome... It was an exciting grudge match and the score was tied several times!

So, I wish that I had something running-related to say, other than I'll get back to it in a couple of days.  Am heading to Kalamazoo for a "Dine and Donate" for my DetermiNation fundrasing (Bennigan's on Gull Road - all day... with this flyer, will donate 20% of the procedes to ACS in my name).  I'll be posting updates to let you know what's going on with my ankle and when I am getting back to running.  Hope it's soon because my half marathon is a mere 5 months away!

1 comment:

George Hotelling said...

Do you know of beer-related 5Ks this summer? I'm going to be done with Couch to 5k in late June/early July and want to combine running with drinking (although probably not at the same time).