Thursday, May 31, 2012

Back to running today with a new "problem"...

Yes, my runner-girl pendant has been looking like she's feeling neglected for the last 10 days, but I tested my ankle out and was able to do all of the activities and remain pain-free, so I headed out this morning.  It was great!  Not a long run... just 2 miles to see how it would feel, and I ran the entire distance without any difficulty.  I did, however, encounter a new problem.  My running tights are too big!  I had to hike them up every few minutes the whole time.  Yes, I have a goal of losing weight, but I just bought 2 pair of these tights a few months ago.  And they weren't cheap!  I'm going to see if I can have them taken in, so I can continue to use them.  I already have one pair that I've retired to just wearing around the house.  I hate to add two more pair to that list just yet.

I splurged yesterday and bought 2 more pair of Balega running socks!  I simply LOVE these socks!  I wish all of my socks felt like the ones that I run in.  At $11 a pair, I can't have these for everyday, but if I had tried these socks years ago, I would have started running much sooner just to wear the socks.  So, now, I have 3 pair of socks for running, and won't have to try to get them washed between every run.  My biggest concern is that they will go the way of so many of my other socks and one will disappear in the wash.  I don't know how that happens!  We do our laundry at home so it's not like we leave one in the dryer at the laundry mat!  I've decided  to pin my good socks together when I put the in the hamper, in hopes of keeping them together and not losing any of them.

Once again, I was in my 2nd mile and couldn't remember what route I had taken for mile 1.  That is such a weird feeling!  There are a couple different routes that I take in my neighborhood and I got to the opposite corner from where I live, for the 2nd time this morning, and truly had no idea when way I went the first time.  It was like it never happened!  I heard great music while I was out.  Oddly, my fastest song was Ice Ice Baby, which is not a particularly fast song.  I'll be out again on Saturday and on Sunday.  Speaking of Sunday, If you are interested in what I am doing with DetermiNation, how it works, or would like a little more information, I will be at the Dexter-Ann Arbor Run and you can stop by the booth after the run and I'll give you more info.  Just look for the ACS DetermiNation sail and I'll be there.

No comments: