Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Windy night time run

I was supposed to get out this morning but didn't get up in time so I knew that I was going to run tonight.  I knew it!  I  thought about putting it off until tomorrow morning, when it's not as windy, not as late, not as dark...  But I didn't!  I headed out at 9:30 with 19 mph wind and 59 degrees.  It wasn't too bad, actually.

I was definitely slower than at my 5K on Saturday, but that's ok.  It was a different time of day and outside of my usual routine.  I did learn that Edy's Slow Churned Triple Chocolate Peanut Butter Sundae ice cream doesn't make great fuel for running.  LOL  I heard coyotes in the field across the street from my house.  One "barked" or whatever they do, then another across the field, and then another on the other side.  I'm not sure what they were discussing, but was hoping it wasn't that their dinner was getting away down the street, wearing a pink hat!

I'll be going out again on Thursday morning.  Definitely first thing in the morning!  I'm looking forward to  a better run and I'll be back then with a more interesting post.

No comments: