Saturday, April 14, 2012

Martian Marathon TODAY!

But I'm not participating in that one! I actually already did my run this morning and it was pretty good.  Not by best speed,  but I've been having some chest congestion, making it hard to breathe deeply and I think that slowed me down.  I think tomorrow I'll try using my inhaler before I run and see if that helps any.

I was planning to get up at 7am and run so we can go to Eastern Market then stop by the Martian Marathon to pick up some stuff for DetermiNation that I will be taking to the Big House Big Heart run tomorrow.  Nope, I'm not in that one either, but I'll be there with information about DetermiNation to see if there are people interested in joining the team.  But, I was awake at 6:00 so I decided to get up then and get outside. Just as I was getting dressed I heard sprinkles on the skylight, but the rain held off until I was done.

Who gets up in my neighborhood at 6am on Saturday?  No one, that's who!  Actually, I did see one car leaving, and at the end of my run a neighbor was on her deck letting her little dogs run in the yard for a minute.  They are the funniest little dog... they bark and bark at me, like there going to tear me up, and each one of them is about the size of my foot (and I have small feet - they go with my short stride).

That's me, running!  Yup!
So I run tomorrow, then next week on Tuesday and Thursday, before my 5K on Saturday.  I am hoping to build a bit more stamina by then, in hopes of not totally embarrassing myself in front of my D'Nation teammates.  Although I do find most runners to be very kind about us that kind of thing.  They are much more encouraging than they are critical.  When I am running and look down at the ground, it looks like I'm going fast to me.  And today I was wearing my new running capris and new run-girl tech shirt that I got from Women's Running, so I looked the part, and everything!  I felt great, even though it wasn't my best run!  Interestingly, my fastest song today was The Proclaimers' 500 Miles!

So this is where I stop yapping about running so I can get ready to go to Eastern Market.  Back tomorrow.

No comments: